A less than perfect start to our Challenge, a loss of 10.56 Units in the first week.
We had 9 Selections for the week, with 2 winners:
- Winarvi saluting at Cessnock @ $5; &
- Stanathol at Sunshine Coast @ $4.
A Strike Rate of 22%. We had 4 Places for a S/R of 44% – a loss of 2.85 Units.
The first week of The Ratings was a bit of a disaster, although when I look back at them there were lots of 2nds in there, so they weren’t too far off the mark. The second week of The Ratings was a good one, making 5.6 Units Profit. But of course once we started the Challenge, they were racing on a brand new surface at Caulfield after lots of rain. The Ratings were extremely conservative this week and only assessed 2 races. Race 1 Harvey’s True Heart came 3rd paying $3.40 and in the other one, Race 5, Jacquinot Bay came 2nd paying a $1.50. We were close but no cigar here and a loss of 2.90 Units.
After a very shaky start to the year, where he was going to take a sabbatical, he got back on the horse and started selecting again.
He assessed 4 Races at Royal Randwick.
- Race 4 Driefontein finished 2nd.
- Race 5 First Seal finished 2nd.
- Race 6 Contributer 1st $5.50
- Race 7 Cosmic Endeavour 4th
- A loss of 1 Unit at Randwick
He also assessed 4 Races at Caulfield
- Race 5 Jacquinot Bay finished 2nd.
- Race 7 Both selections unplaced.
- Race 8 Dissident 1st $2.80
- Race 9 Both selections unplaced.
- A loss of 0.76 Units at Caulfield
Total loss for The Investor for the day was 1.76 Units.
I think he was visited by the 2nd Place Fairy